Saturday, May 16, 2009

Still Waiting

So I know that I am not due until Monday, so I should be patient, but my doctor has been telling me for 3 and a half weeks now that he expects me to go into labor anytime, so I am getting anxious! We are so excited to meet this new little one and end the waiting game. The doctor has stripped my membranes both of the past 2 Mondays, and everyone I talk to says that put them into labor within 24 hours. I guess this baby is just happy where it is for now. I am scheduled to be induced on Thursday morning if I haven't gone into labor by then.

Other than being tired of the waiting all is well. Trever got a new planer, so hopefully that will help his progress on the crib at least a bit. Of course he is doing well in his classes and things are going well at work.

Ayana is cute and sweet as always. She loves toddler lab on campus and is one of the more well behaved kids in the class which of course pleases her parents. She definitely does not suffer from separation anxiety, she runs right into the room the second they open the door. She is not very good at sharing yet, but hopefully that will come as she spends more time with other kids and when the baby is here. She goes to play group 3 times a week and toddler lab twice a week plus nursery on Sunday, so she is starting to get a lot of interaction.

We are participating in a community garden project this summer through the University. We went today and helped plant some seeds. Ayana and I helped with the children's garden we planted some sunflowers and sweet peas to be the outside walls of a house. Next week we will plant a pizza garden (a section of the garden that we will plant in the shape of pizza slices with the veggies, herbs and spices you use on a pizza). Ayana loved putting the sunflower seeds in the holes I made her and covering them up. She was pretty upset when we finished and there were no more for her to plant. We also helped plant some corn and beans. Other people planted carrots, lettuce, radishes, and a few other things. We are looking forward to lots of tasty fresh veggies as the summer progresses. As part of the project we are also supposed to have classes to learn how to can, so I am excited to gain a new skill and help build our food storage.

So as usual. life in the Stewart family is wonderful! We are happy, healthy and well. Hope you can all say the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment