Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He's Here!!!

At 7:15 Monday evening we welcomed into the world our new baby boy, Asher Bailey Stewart He weighed in at 7 lbs. 4 oz and 20.5 inches long.

The labor was very quick. I went to the doctor's Monday afternoon and at about 3:30 he stripped my membranes. I really didn't expect it to do much since it didn't the last 2 times. I took Trever to work and Ayana and I went home. Around 4:30 I started thinking that I might be having contractions but wasn't really certain. By 5:15 they were about 3 minutes apart and I was making arrangements for someone to babysit Ayana. At that point I though I still had a little bit of time to go and was making Ayana dinner. Within another 15 minutes my contractions were about a minute apart, so Ayana's dinner just went with her to the babysitter. I picked up Trever from work about 6:20 and we headed to the hospital. We got there and started registering (which seemed to be taking forever because I was in some serious pain by then) but a nice off duty nurse saw me and took me right up to labor and delivery while Trever finished up the registration stuff. Luckily the doctor was already at the hospital and came right away. He gave me my anesthesia about ten minutes after I got in the room and about another 10 minutes after that Asher was here. All in all I couldn't have really asked for an easier delivery.
Asher is a little angel. He started eating right away and hardly ever fusses. He sleeps really well, in fact I have to wake him up to make sure that he eats often enough. Ayana seems to be adjusting well. She loves to look at Asher and today at play group when another kid was touching him she came and stood watch over him like his little bodyguard until the other kid left. She seems to have the makings of an excellent big sister.

Basically, we are ecstatic. So excited to have our new little family member. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. Enjoy the pictures!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously i am jealous if i could have babies like that i would definetly be having more kids. I am so glad that everything went well for you. you cant ask for anything better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so happy for you! and he is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I wish labor had been that easy for me! Congrats! What a great arrival for Asher. I am glad I found your blog. Feel free to check mine out. daveandjamie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber and Trever,
    Congratulations on your beautiful new little additon to your family. I love the name and he is just darling. Amber we miss you so much, we think of you often and this was wonderful news, thank you for sharing with us! Stop by if you are ever in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Amber! He is so precious and that's awesome about such a fast and easy labor! Mine was extremely quick too...faster than what I was expecting anyway :) Please let me know if you need ANYTHING at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy, and Ayana is such a beautiful little girl. It sounds like she will make a great helper for you. Thank you for sharing your blog. I hope you guys are doing well. Congrats again.

    Jolyn (Stephens) Keck

    ReplyDelete