Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our teeny tiny little guy

So, I had a Wic appointment on Monday and after they weighed Asher the lady expressed a pretty big concern about his weight and suggested that we take him to the doctor. So after we left there we went to the doctor's office and they squeezed us in for an appt. Turns out that he weighs less now than he weighed at his appt in July, he is only 10 and a half pounds! I knew he was skinny and at his 4 month appt he had lost weight, but the doctor said not to worry about it at that point. However, now they are very worried about it. The Doctor ordered some blood work done to check for any issues there, but I haven't heard any results on that yet. Also I have to start feeding him formula after I nurse him. I really did not want to do the formula thing, but I guess that nursing just isn't enough for this little guy. I started him on supplemental formula right after his appt on Monday, and the kid loves it and is much happier know even than before. I feel a little bad, because now I feel like I have been starving my son for the last 6 months, but I'm sure he won't hold it against me. All the rest of us are doing great, happy and healthy. Trever is busy with school and I am busy with the kids and work, but all in all life is grand!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel like bad. I did it to Seth too. He was always fussy and I didn't know why and then he had a Dr's appt and wasn't gaining much weight. I started giving him formula and he was much happier from then on. Anyway, I hope everything turns out to be just fine with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So all the blood work came back normal, Guess the breastmilk isn't working for this one. He LOVES his formula, so hopefully he'll start growing quickly

    ReplyDelete